Monday, May 24, 2010

Dolly Makeup (1)

We got quite bored so we decided to play with makeup to create a cute dolly look!

Dolly Look Essentials:

  • Big Doe Eyes

  • Flawless Skin

  • Long Brown Hair

  • Cute Tee (Optional)
Apply concealer, bb cream and foundation to whole face.


Paste Double eyelid sticker on your eyelids the distance you want the width of your double eyelids to be at.


Using a eyeliner, draw a thin line that is near your lashes. you may wish to draw a longer eyeliner if you wish elongate your eyes.


I use 24hr real lasting eyeliner $19.90

the tip is really fine and soft, easy to use for beginners. Using a water proof eye liner is good as it will be longer lasting and free from smudging throughout the whole day under the hot sun.


Paste fake eyelash

I used 2 lashes for each eye by pasting them together. You may wish to combine 1 crisscross and 1 straight lashes to look more natural and increase the volume of your lashes.

Also trim the length of the lash to suit the length of your eye as it is normally longer than the eye. Trim the tail of the lashes as the front gives a natural gradual build up and lashes are usually longer at the ends.


My eyelash glue

Supposedly a double eyelid glue but it doesnt really work for me and I found out it doubles as a really great eyelash glue!


Wait till the lashes are nearly transparent before pasting it, i usually blow them to speed up the process.


Paste! Paste about 5mm away from the inner corners of your eye so that it wont prick your eye making you uncomfortable the whole day. The nearer the lashes are to your real lashes the more natural looking it will be.


How it looks like when my eye is closed.




Draw the eyeliner on top of the fake lash to blend it in together So that the pasted area cannot be seen. (Steady hands are needed)




[Usually my eye makeup procedure ends here, but for that extra chio look for that special occasion I will put some eye shadow ....... ]



Majolica Eyeshadow! Its very nice bronzy golden with shimmer. The powder is so smooth and easy to apply I applied it using my finger!


I only applied D to my eyelids, emphasizing the colour at the corners as shown below.

Next I applied A to the area near my brows to enhance the brow bones. (Ignore my messy brows, it will be covered with my fringe later :D)




Looks like this when I open my eyes. Note the "shadowy" effect behind the fake lash. Apply the eye shadow at a height of about half the fake lash. If the eye shadow is applied too high you will look like wayang.



Next, I apply B to the inner bottom corners of my eye.

Note: Not to apply on whole bottom lid, just about 1/3 of the inner lower lid.

Mascara for lower lash is a must! It helps to "open" up your eye creating a wide-eye effect. And it balances off the look for the whole eye so you wont look like your upper eyelids are overly made up.




Apply Blusher (to your cheeks not eyes). Apply it on the apple of your cheeks in a circular shape so that it will enhance your cheek bones. Try to avoid orange shades as it will clash with the brown tones of your eyes and look yellow.

Here is my cheap Silkygirl Blusher.
You can see my abit of my mascara at the corner of this pic. It is the Deja Vu fibre wig mascara. Very good!


Also apply lip gloss if you want...
End!

Before:


After:




Now u can camwhore!

*Note the cute tee


Pooh Loves My Look!












No comments:

Post a Comment