Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blueberry Muffins ♥



Blueberry Muffins



Miss Yu Ying was quite free at home so she decided to do some baking!



I did not use the full amount of ingredients as stated below as I wanna test test first so I cut all the quantity into half.



The Recipe:



10 Easy Steps!



1. Butter: 500g

2. Sugar: 400g

Mix Butter and Sugar with beater till fluffy and white



3. Milk: 100ml- Warm to room temp

4. Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp- Mix with milk

5. Eggs: 9 pcs- Add in slowly one by one



6. Cake Flour: 375g

7. Baking Powder: 10g

8: Custard Powder: 50g

Sieve all 3 together and fold slowly

To fold slowly means to stir in the flour in a figure of 8. This method is often used in baking.



9. Blueberry Filling (Sweetened)

Pipe mixture into pans

Fill only to half

Add a small layer of fillings

Fill to top with the rest of the mixture



10. Cook for 25 mins at 180-100 deg till golden brown



Below are pictures of the process:





Preparing......




-I substituted butter with sunflower oil. Healthier choice!

Erm actually its because there is no more butter at home :(



-I have no custard powder too and did not want to buy a whole tin, so I Googled for substitutes and look what I found! http://www.cheftalk.com/forum/thread/18350/custard-powder

Can substitute it for corn flour + vanilla essence!! :D



- I substituted baking blueberries with blueberry jam :D Cos super hard to find baking blueberries. Brilliant idea! It works just as well



This is the jam I used ($5 from NTUC).

Its quite good, its made with 100% wild blueberries with no added sugar, its fill to the brim with blueberries!







Mixing the oil and sugar. SUPER hard to dissolve the sugar. (To make this step easier, use fine sugar) I was too lazy to use the electric beater cos very troublesome and oily to wash after using it, so I used the manual whisk. I think i grew muscles after whisking it





Whisking it like mad.....





Ok I give up, I put it on the stove to dissolve it.





After adding everything its a little bit of watery consistency so don't worry.





Time to pour into muffin cups! Look at the amount of blueberry goodness inside the jar.....






Done! I don't have enough muffin tins so I used a cup and egg tart trays -_-

(After trying the ones in egg tart trays, I realise those in egg tart trays are abit dry, compared to the ones in cups, I think the mix is thinner, so it gets cooked more easily, so use cups!! Don't use flat trays!)





Preheating the oven for 10 mins at 180 Deg......




Done!






Now you can share it with all your loved ones~~

Its super moist and zomg YUMMEH!!!!








This muffin is saying "Pls don't eat me!"


Lol.














No comments:

Post a Comment